Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Simple Apple Crumble

4 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I used Gala)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
custard, to serve (I used Bird's custard powder)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8x8" baking dish or pie dish.
2. Place sliced apples into dish and pour over water. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter. sugars, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour until mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle crumble over apples and bake 35-45 minutes until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
4. Serve warm with custard or cream!


1 comment:

  1. Another one of my favorites!
    all the pictures look great! but the last one has me drooling! :D I will have to make this one soon too!!

    ReplyDelete