2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine, for brushing
1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
1/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder (optional)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon shortening
1 250ml carton whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and brush cream horn molds with melted butter.
2. Roll out crescent dough carefully, and pinch seams together, creating one large rectangle. Starting from short end, cut into six 1.5" thick stripes. Wrap dough around cream horn molds, starting with the pointed end. Place seam side down onto baking sheet.
3. Bake 10-12 minutes until dough is puffed and golden brown. Let cool completely before removing molds.
4. Melt dark chocolate and then stir in instant coffee powder, vanilla, and shortening. Stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate over each pastry, place in freezer until chocolate has set.
5. For the cream filling, pour cream into large bowl, along with vanilla, and icing sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Place cream into piping bag and pipe cream into horns. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 6 cream horns. For best keeping, store cream horns in airtight container in the fridge.