Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bakewell Tarts

Yummy yummy Bakewell tarts! Being from England myself, these have always been one of my favorite things to eat when I go back to visit. This is a small and basic recipe, the ones I usually have are made with shortcrust pastry and have a lovely icing and 1/2 glace cherry on top, however these are perfect just for a simple treat!

8 frozen tart shells
1/4 cup jam raspberry jam (I used seedless)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
3 tablespoons flaked almonds

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place tart shells on baking sheet.
2. Place 1/2 teaspoon jam into each tart shell.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Blend in egg and extract. Stir in ground almonds. Place 1 tablespoon batter over jam. Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
4. Bake 25-28 minutes until crust is golden brown and center is set. Cool & serve!


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing, I truly enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete