Saturday, July 16, 2011

Baked Mini Doughnuts

2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
Toss In:
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or grease mini muffin pan or place mini cupcake liners directly onto baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. In another small bowl mix together milk and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Blend in egg. Add dry to wet ingredients, alternating with milk mixture. Scoop batter into piping bag, cut a small hole for more control when filling liners.
4. Pipe batter into liners, filling 2/3 full. Bake 10-12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Remove liners, place warm doughnuts into cinnamon sugar and toss with hands to coat. Serve & enjoy!

I wanted mini doughnuts, (who doesn't?), but I didn't want to fry anything. I'm not a big fan of frying, I know nothing can ever compete with the perfectly fried doughnut, but these were tasty! Personally I thought there was too much of a nutmeg flavor (I used 1/2 teaspoon), but everyone assured me they thought they tasted good as they were. I developed this recipe when I saw a few baked doughnuts and doughnut cupcake recipes. I ended up using a vanilla cupcake recipe but altering it by adding nutmeg and baking the batter in mini cupcake liners, and then of course rolling the cupcakes doughnuts in cinnamon sugar. This recipes makes approximately 35-40 mini doughnuts!

These were really mini cupcake liners, I would say about 1/2 the size of  regular mini liners.


Fresh from the oven and nicely coated, yummy!

Baked Mini Doughnuts

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful!
    Delightful and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doughnuts and this look great!! I will make them soon! :D thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete