1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or grease mini muffin pan or place mini cupcake liners directly onto baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. In another small bowl mix together milk and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Blend in egg. Add dry to wet ingredients, alternating with milk mixture. Scoop batter into piping bag, cut a small hole for more control when filling liners.
4. Pipe batter into liners, filling 2/3 full. Bake 10-12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Remove liners, place warm doughnuts into cinnamon sugar and toss with hands to coat. Serve & enjoy!
I wanted mini doughnuts, (who doesn't?), but I didn't want to fry anything. I'm not a big fan of frying, I know nothing can ever compete with the perfectly fried doughnut, but these were tasty! Personally I thought there was too much of a nutmeg flavor (I used 1/2 teaspoon), but everyone assured me they thought they tasted good as they were. I developed this recipe when I saw a few baked doughnuts and doughnut cupcake recipes. I ended up using a vanilla cupcake recipe but altering it by adding nutmeg and baking the batter in mini cupcake liners, and then of course rolling the
|These were really mini cupcake liners, I would say about 1/2 the size of regular mini liners.|
|Fresh from the oven and nicely coated, yummy!|
|Baked Mini Doughnuts|