2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup golden crisco shortening, chilled
4 to 8 tablespoons cold water
2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or tinfoil.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour and salt. Cut in shortening. Sprinkle over water until dough forms. Gather dough, roll into ball, flatten into disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refridgerate 20-30 minutes for better handling. (Can stay in fridge up to 2 days).
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix chopped fruit, lemon juice, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Roll out dough until about 1" thick, use cookie cutter or bowl to make 8, 5" round circles. Roll circle into oval shape. Place about 1/8 cup fruit in center, brush edges with water and fold over.
5. Seal edges by using the bottom of a small glass or fork. Cut a slit in the tops of each pastry. Brush tops with water and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy!