1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch of lemon zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5" loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Whisk in eggs and milk. Stir in lemon zest.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet ingredients; stir until combined.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake 45-50 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
5. For glaze, pour lemon juice and sugar into saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
6. Prick loaf with toothpick and pour syrup over warm loaf. Let cool completely before icing.
7. For icing, combined icing sugar and lemon juice and zest. Spread over loaf, let icing set. Slice & enjoy!