1/3 cup margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8x4” loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat well. Mix in lemon zest and juice.
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt followed by milk. Stir until well combined. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into pan.
4. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. For the syrup, combine the sugar with the lemon juice in a sauce pan over medium heat. Continue to stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over warm loaf.
6. Cool in pan, slice and serve!