3/4 cup brown sugar
2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8x8" dish well.
2. Spread brown sugar over bottom of dish. Place apple slices over brown sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and stir.
4. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to wet ingredients, alternating with milk.
5. Pour batter over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool cake for 5 minutes, then turn out onto plate. Great warm with ice cream!