3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup + 2 tablepsoons milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup grated apple, peeled
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 12 cup muffin pan well.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix egg, milk, oil and grated apple. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Using 1/3 cup measurer, divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool completely before icing.
5. In a small bowl mix icing sugar and maple syrup. To double coat muffins with icing, dip tops of muffins, let icing set, then dip again.